Email services are provided for both students and staff of UNISEL
UNISEL students’ email is known as Emel Pelajar. By utilizing Google Apps technology, it offers features such as Google Apps, Google Docs and Google Calendar. The mailbox size allocated is 7GB per student. This service will be assigned to students upon registration, however, in certain cases (late registration and etc.), the student can request through ICT Service Desk to acquire their new email.
UNISEL Staff email is using Google Apps technology too. It also supports services such as Calendaring and Address Book. This service will be assigned to staff upon registration, however, in certain cases (late registration and etc.), the staff can request through ICT Service Desk to acquire their new email.
There are a few reasons for UNISEL use Gmail (powered by Google) :
- Unlimited Mailbox Qouta
- Reliable services.
- 99.99% availability.
- Integrated with all Google Cloud Tools (Google Docs, Google Drive, etc)
- Google Calender including free SMS for sending reminder.
- Link to Google Scholar Citation; to keep track citations of academic articles.
- Powered by Google – energy efficient data centre.
- Can be accessed from anywhere
UNISEL eMail Guidelines
Using Google Mail @ Gmail
Your Gmail account is also your Google Account, so you can use your same Gmail username and password to use other Google products like YouTube, Google+, Google Sites, Google Drive, Google Talk, and others.
STEP TO LOGIN TO GMAIL :
- To login, you need to use your USERNAME and PASSWORD;
USERNAME : < put your full email address, eg: firstname.lastname@example.org >
PASSWORD : < put your barcode number >
- Press “Sign In” button to proceed.
- Then, you can access to your Gmail Inbox.
If a user deletes a message by clicking Delete, the message will be moved to the Trash but remains available for 30 days. Mail in Trash will be auto-deleted after 30 days!
If user click Empty Trash manually, emails will be permanently deleted and not retrievable!
Please proceed email deletion process with extra caution!